- Travelyn AB with its registered seat at c/o Saldoredo AB, Folkungagatan 108, 11630 Stockholm, Sweden („TRAVELYN”) is the controller of your personal data and takes appropriate steps to ensure security of your data.
- User Account data. In order to create a User Account with Travelyn, you will be requested to provide your e-mail address and create a password. Provision of data is mandatory for creation of a User Account.Purpose: Enabling creation of User Account, facilitation of communication and monitoring of past purchases.Legal basis: Processing of your personal data is necessary for conclusion and performance of contract between you and Travelyn.How long do we process your data? Your personal data is processed for as long as you keep expressing your interest in our services, however, not longer than for 1 year from the date on which you deleted your user account. We will also stop processing your data when you request that we delete your personal data, unless there are other applicable legal bases for the processing.
- Contact data. To allow us to contact you, we request that you provide the following personal data: your e-mail address, name, surname and telephone number. Provision of at least your e-mail address is mandatory – otherwise, we will not be able to contact you.Purpose: Enabling you to contact TRAVELYN and allowing us to communicate with you with relation to your use of TRAVELYN’s services (among others for the purpose of sending you itineraries, boarding passes, other information regarding your bookings and responding to your requests, including processing of your complaints).Legal basis: Your personal data are processed based on Travelyn’s legitimate interest in responding to your messages, as well as contacting you in relation to our services used by you and any technical or organisational matters relating to your account or use of services. Processing of the aforementioned data is also necessary for the purpose of performance of contract with you.How long do we process your data? Your personal data is processed for as long as you keep expressing your interest in our services, however, not longer than for 2 years from the date on which we last heard from you. We will also stop processing your data when you request that we delete your personal data, unless there are other applicable legal bases for the processing.
- Content of messages sent by you and other requests. The Website enables you to send messages to TRAVELYN. We process your personal data such as name and surname, e-mail address and all the other information which may be included in the communication or requests. We also process your data collected through telephone requests.Purpose: Responding to your messages and queries, and providing customer support to you.Legal basis: TRAVELYN’s legitimate interest in providing information to users, potential clients and providing customer support.How long do we process your data? Your personal data is processed for as long as you keep expressing your interest in our services, however, not longer than the limitation period of potential claims, following from generally applicable provisions of law.
- Data related to ticket bookings. In order to make it possible for you to book and purchase tickets through our Website, we collect and process the following personal data: name and surname, date of birth, nationality, passport/ID data of the passenger and/or the person who makes the booking, e-mail address, payment information (including transaction amount), order history and itineraries; We also process information included on your tickets and boarding passes, such as booking reference numbers, allocated seats etc.Purpose: Enabling and processing bookings and payments, delivering tickets and boarding passes to you. Providing customer service and conducting business analytics.Legal basis: The processing is necessary for the conclusion and performance of the agreement with you.How long do we process your data? Your personal data is processed for as long as it is required by law for tax and accounting purposes, i.e. for the maximum of 6 years.
- Your personal data may also be processed for the purpose of defence against claims or safeguarding our legal rights. In such an event, we process your data based on our legitimate interest in defending our claims, until conclusion of legal proceedings or expiry of statutory limitation periods, whichever happens first.
- Data processed to inform you about special offers and deals. We may process your personal data (e-mail address, name and surname) for the purpose of informing you about special offers and deals which may be of interest to you. Your personal data may also be used for the purpose of direct marketing of Travelyn services, on condition that you grant a separate consent to telephone and/or e-mail contact and you don’t object to the processing of your personal data for marketing purposes.Purpose: Keeping you up to date with offers and deals.Legal basis: Your personal data are processed based on Travelyn’s legitimate interest in conducting direct marketing activities.Consent to phone and/or e-mail contact for marketing purposes. Your personal data is processed for marketing purposes based on Travelyn’s legitimate interest. However, to enable us to contact you, it is necessary for us to obtain additional, voluntary consent. Such consent may be withdrawn by you at any point.How long do we process your data? Your personal data is processed for as long as you keep expressing an interest in our services, however, not longer than for 2 years from the date on which we last heard from you. We will also stop processing your data when you request that we delete your personal data processed for marketing purposes.
You have the right to object to the processing of your data by us, when it is based on legitimate interest (in particular when processed for marketing purposes – in such cases we will immediately stop processing your personal data). You also have the right to request that we correct or delete your data, if you find out that certain information about you is incorrect or outdated.
If you file a request that we stop processing your data and delete it, we will do so unless there exists an important overriding legal interest (e.g. defense of claims or existence of a legal obligation to retain the data, for example for accounting or tax purposes) which will entitle us to keep your personal data for a longer period. You also have the right of access to your data, to request a copy of data that we process about you, as well as the right to data portability and to restriction of processing.
If you have any questions with regard to the processing of your data by us or if you wish to exercise your rights, you can contact us at email@example.com. You also have the right to file a complaint to data protection authority.
We entrust the processing of your personal data to entities, which act on our behalf and solely based on our instructions (data processors). In particular we use data processors, whom we select carefully, to store your data on secure servers located within the territory of the EU. Appropriate safeguards are applied, in particular we take care to appoint only trusted and verified processors and we sign GDPR-compliant data processing agreements with them, in particular to enable processing of payments and booking of tickets.
We share your personal data with payment service providers for the purpose of processing your payments for bookings as well as with airlines and other travel companies, with whom you book your travel. The transfer is made based on our legitimate interest and because it is necessary for the performance of the contract with you. We may also be obliged to share your personal data with competent authorities (in particular the police or prosecution service), if they approach us with such a request, provided that there exists an appropriate legal basis for making your personal data available to them (e.g. a court order).
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your personal computer, mobile or other device when you visit a website. Cookies are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognizes that cookie. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognise a user’s device. Cookies do lots of different jobs, like letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, and generally improve the user experience. They can also help to ensure that adverts you see online are more relevant to you and your interests. The following types of cookies are used on the Website:
- Persistent cookies - these cookies remain on a user’s device for the period of time specified in the cookie. They are activated each time that the user visits the website that created that particular cookie.
- Session cookies - these cookies allow website operators to link the actions of a user during a browser session. A browser session starts when a user opens the browser window and finishes when they close the browser window. Session cookies are created temporarily. Once you close the browser, all session cookies are deleted.
- Strictly necessary cookies - These cookies enable services you have specifically asked for. For those types of cookies that are strictly necessary, no consent is required. These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the Website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the Website. Without these cookies services you have asked for, like shopping baskets or e-billing, cannot be provided.
- Performance cookies - These cookies collect anonymous information on the pages visited. By using the Website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device. These cookies collect information about how visitors use the Website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how the Website works.
- Functionality cookies - These cookies remember choices you make to improve your experience. By using the Website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device. These cookies allow the Website to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of web pages that you can customise. They may also be used to provide services you have asked for such as watching a video or commenting on a blog. The information these cookies collect may be anonymised and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
- Targeting or advertising cookies - These cookies collect information about your browsing habits in order to make advertising relevant to you and your interests. These cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign. They are usually placed by advertising networks with our permission. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organisations such as advertisers. Quite often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by a third party organisation.
Web beacons (also known as pixel tags) are transparent image files used to monitor your journey around a single interaction with the Website and its content.
Device fingerprinting is a technology which allows us to collect information about your device (what browser or operating system you use, plug-ins, time zone, other settings). We use this information to identify you and to ensure security of our website.
Handling and use of "cookies" and similar technologies is allowed automatically. However, these settings can be changed at any time. For details on how cookies are handled and used, see the settings of your web browser. You can learn more about cookies and similar technologies and check how to disable them for the browser you use by visiting the following website: www.allaboutcookies.org.
Google Analytics: we use third party trackers to let us know when users have visited the Website by “clicking-through” our sponsored advertising or content hosted on third party platforms. The Website uses Google Analytics & Firebase code to gather statistical information. Google Analytics sets cookies to help us accurately estimate the number of visitors to the Website and the volumes of usage of the Website. This is done to ensure that the Website is functioning well and available when you need it. For more information on how Google Analytics processes this information, visit: www.google.com/analytics.